Call for Experience Reports
Validity: May 8th to July 8th, 2018
The process to submit Experience Reports to be presented at the III International Conference on Agriculture and Food in an Urbanized Society is open!
The Conference will be held from September 17th to 21st, 2018 at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
EXPERIENCE REPORTS GUIDELINES
1. About the content and format of propositions
- The aim of the Experience Report is to enable organized civil society groups to share their experiences and paths. Experiences can be of technical or popular nature and do not need to follow the structure of scientific articles; they may present a more simplified format (Item 1.6 of the present call).
- Can participate in the Experience Report submission process: farmers, members of organized civil society, social movements, traditional communities (indigenous people, quilombolas, fishermen, family farmers), nongovernmental organizations, networks, cooperatives, associations and extension projects, among others.
- The content of the articles shall comply with the thematic proposition of the Management Groups – MG´s of the III AgUrb, and the group of interest shall be indicated at the time of submission. The complete list of MGs can be viewed here.
- Each person may submit (2) articles as author or co-author.
- The articles may be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English and have at most 4 (four) authors.
- Submission will happen by sending an abstract of the work, having between 1500 and 3000 characters (including space between words). The content should include in a synthetic form:
- Presentation title;
- Contextualization (Where did the experience happen? How is the region where it happened? How and when did the experience begin? Who are the actors involved in it?);
- Development (How did the experience happen? What were the communities or people involved in it and for how long were they involved?);
- Results (What were the main results obtained from this experience?);
- Challenges and lessons (What were the main difficulties and challenges faced in this experience? How did you overcome them? What were the lessons learned from this experience?).
- The approved Reports can only be presented during the Conference if the payment of the registration is made and the authors send the expanded summary (up to 5 pages) until August 15th, 2018. To send the expanded abstract, this template must be used.
2. The submission
- The Experiences Report shall be submitted for selection only through this platform. Attention, in order to access the submission form for papers for the III AgUrb, the participant must first register on the platform and register in the event.
- The abstract shall be presented in a single paragraph, without captions, figures, tables, graphs or literature citations. It shall include between 3 and 5 keywords.
- The submission form will request the following information: a) Language in which the work is written; b) Identification of the Management Groups to which it refers; c) Title of the work; d) Abstract of a maximum of 3000 characters (including space between words); e) Information about authors (name, institutional affiliation, e-mails, country of origin); f) From 3 to 5 keywords; g) PDF file containing only title, abstract with a maximum of 3000 characters and keywords.
3. Selection Process
- The Experiences Report shall be selected in a blind-peer evaluation process, conducted by the MG conveners.
- The selection process shall take into consideration the relevance of the experiences, the content related to the theme of the Conference and of the chosen MG, and the limit of Reports to be presented at each Group.
- The result of the selection process will be informed by e-mail to the authors, until July 15th, 2018. The MG conveners are sovereign about the selection result. Appeals will not be accepted or nether it will be sent detailed information about the evaluation process.
- Certificates will be issued automatically according to the information on the forms. The enrollee is responsible for properly providing all names and order of authorship at the time of registration.
- The best Experiences Report will be awarded as decided by the Working Group conveners and they will also receive a special certification.
Doubts or additional information can be clarified through the following email: email@example.com